What is involved in Frugal Innovation
Find out what the related areas are that Frugal Innovation connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Frugal Innovation thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Frugal Innovation journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Frugal Innovation leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Frugal Innovation related domains to cover and 82 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Frugal Innovation, Appropriate technology, Bottom of the pyramid, C. K. Prahalad, Computer cooling, Computer fan, Developing country, Disruptive innovation, Durable good, General Electric, Godrej Group, Jaideep Prabhu, Jaipur leg, Manu Prakash, Mobile banking, Navi Radjou, No frills, Nokia 1100, One Laptop Per Child, Profit margin, Reverse innovation, Small is beautiful, Tata Group, Tata Nano, The Economist, The Financial Times, Thermoelectric effect:
Frugal Innovation Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Frugal Innovation engagements and give examples utilizing a core of simple Frugal Innovation skills.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Frugal Innovation processes of our organization?
– How do we Identify specific Frugal Innovation investment and emerging trends?
– Do we all define Frugal Innovation in the same way?
Appropriate technology Critical Criteria:
Gauge Appropriate technology visions and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Appropriate technology information.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Frugal Innovation objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Frugal Innovation delivery for example is new software needed?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Frugal Innovation project?
Bottom of the pyramid Critical Criteria:
Investigate Bottom of the pyramid outcomes and look in other fields.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Frugal Innovation goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Is maximizing Frugal Innovation protection the same as minimizing Frugal Innovation loss?
– What are internal and external Frugal Innovation relations?
C. K. Prahalad Critical Criteria:
Own C. K. Prahalad planning and do something to it.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Frugal Innovation models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Frugal Innovation workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Frugal Innovation process?
Computer cooling Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Computer cooling issues and ask what if.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Frugal Innovation in a volatile global economy?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Frugal Innovation moving forward?
– Is there any existing Frugal Innovation governance structure?
Computer fan Critical Criteria:
Detail Computer fan governance and define what our big hairy audacious Computer fan goal is.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Frugal Innovation values?
– When a Frugal Innovation manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Do we have past Frugal Innovation Successes?
Developing country Critical Criteria:
Chat re Developing country strategies and cater for concise Developing country education.
– Do those selected for the Frugal Innovation team have a good general understanding of what Frugal Innovation is all about?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Frugal Innovation been identified and analyzed?
Disruptive innovation Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Disruptive innovation issues and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Disruptive innovation information.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Frugal Innovation agendas for the next 3 years?
– What are the disruptive innovations in the middle-term that provide near-term domain leadership?
– Is Frugal Innovation Required?
Durable good Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Durable good engagements and report on setting up Durable good without losing ground.
– Is there a Frugal Innovation Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– How important is Frugal Innovation to the user organizations mission?
– What are the usability implications of Frugal Innovation actions?
General Electric Critical Criteria:
Steer General Electric planning and remodel and develop an effective General Electric strategy.
– what is the best design framework for Frugal Innovation organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What is the source of the strategies for Frugal Innovation strengthening and reform?
– What are current Frugal Innovation Paradigms?
Godrej Group Critical Criteria:
Recall Godrej Group strategies and be persistent.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Frugal Innovation product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Have all basic functions of Frugal Innovation been defined?
Jaideep Prabhu Critical Criteria:
Model after Jaideep Prabhu decisions and research ways can we become the Jaideep Prabhu company that would put us out of business.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Frugal Innovation objectives?
– What threat is Frugal Innovation addressing?
Jaipur leg Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Jaipur leg tasks and figure out ways to motivate other Jaipur leg users.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Frugal Innovation experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
Manu Prakash Critical Criteria:
Design Manu Prakash tasks and separate what are the business goals Manu Prakash is aiming to achieve.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Frugal Innovation?
– Will Frugal Innovation have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Frugal Innovation effort?
Mobile banking Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Mobile banking outcomes and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Mobile banking results.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Frugal Innovation information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Frugal Innovation products are done in a way that ensures safety?
Navi Radjou Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Navi Radjou strategies and explain and analyze the challenges of Navi Radjou.
– What business benefits will Frugal Innovation goals deliver if achieved?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Frugal Innovation Management?
No frills Critical Criteria:
Chat re No frills projects and report on the economics of relationships managing No frills and constraints.
– How likely is the current Frugal Innovation plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– To what extent does management recognize Frugal Innovation as a tool to increase the results?
Nokia 1100 Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Nokia 1100 quality and handle a jump-start course to Nokia 1100.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Frugal Innovation process?
One Laptop Per Child Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct One Laptop Per Child adoptions and frame using storytelling to create more compelling One Laptop Per Child projects.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Frugal Innovation strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Frugal Innovation forward?
– Is Frugal Innovation dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Profit margin Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Profit margin visions and probe the present value of growth of Profit margin.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Frugal Innovation ?
– Is the Frugal Innovation organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– How can we better deploy our employees to drive improved profit margins?
– Is the profit margin holding?
– What is our Frugal Innovation Strategy?
Reverse innovation Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Reverse innovation leadership and probe Reverse innovation strategic alliances.
Small is beautiful Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Small is beautiful decisions and point out improvements in Small is beautiful.
– How can the value of Frugal Innovation be defined?
– How to deal with Frugal Innovation Changes?
Tata Group Critical Criteria:
Guide Tata Group goals and observe effective Tata Group.
– How do we keep improving Frugal Innovation?
Tata Nano Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Tata Nano outcomes and intervene in Tata Nano processes and leadership.
– In a project to restructure Frugal Innovation outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
The Economist Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze The Economist planning and correct The Economist management by competencies.
– Think about the people you identified for your Frugal Innovation project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Can we add value to the current Frugal Innovation decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What are the barriers to increased Frugal Innovation production?
The Financial Times Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on The Financial Times leadership and drive action.
– How will you know that the Frugal Innovation project has been successful?
Thermoelectric effect Critical Criteria:
Adapt Thermoelectric effect engagements and adopt an insight outlook.
– Consider your own Frugal Innovation project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Frugal Innovation with what users do day-to-day?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Frugal Innovation Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Frugal Innovation External links:
4 CEOs Who Are Making Frugal Innovation Work
The genius of frugal innovation
Appropriate technology External links:
Appropriate Technology Series | Aprovecho
Appropriate Technology | Pachamama Alliance
Home | Campus Center for Appropriate Technology (CCAT)
Bottom of the pyramid External links:
Marketing to the Bottom of the Pyramid | +Acumen
The Fortune At The Bottom Of The Pyramid
[PDF]Sales at the Bottom of the Pyramid
Computer cooling External links:
Computer Cooling Fans – Information and Options – NMB
Computer Cooling, Room Air Conditioner, Server Air …
Computer Cooling Fans | CPU Coolers & More Online
Computer fan External links:
(#0033) 4-Wire Computer Fan Tutorial – YouTube
computer fan – Staples®
Developing country External links:
[PDF]Global Climate Goals and Developing Country …
Disruptive innovation External links:
Digital Innovation | Disruptive Innovation | Insight
Disruptive Innovation Explained – YouTube
Durable good External links:
What is Non-durable Good? definition and meaning
General Electric External links:
Portland General Electric – Official Site
Godrej Group External links:
Godrej Group – YouTube
Godrej Group (@GodrejGroup) | Twitter
Jaideep Prabhu External links:
Jaideep Prabhu – Thinkers 50
Author Page for Jaideep Prabhu :: SSRN
Jaideep Prabhu – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
Manu Prakash External links:
Manu Prakash’s Profile | Stanford Profiles
Manu Prakash created a paper microscope – Business Insider
Manu Prakash – Brief but Spectacular | PBS NewsHour
Mobile banking External links:
Mobile Banking | Mobile Phone Banking | U.S. Bank
Skagit Bank Online Banking & Mobile Banking
Chase Mobile Banking
Navi Radjou External links:
Learn to unlearn: Navi Radjou at TEDxIsereRiver – YouTube
Review: ‘Frugal Innovation’ by Navi Radjou and Jaideep …
Navi Radjou (@NaviRadjou) | Twitter
No frills External links:
Welcome to No Frills | No Frills
No Frills (TV Series 1988– ) – IMDb
Nokia 1100 External links:
Get Nokia 1100 – Microsoft Store
nokia 1100 – Best Buy
Nokia 1100 rescate – YouTube
One Laptop Per Child External links:
One Laptop per Child, 2 years on (eVideo, 2008) …
[PDF]One Laptop per Child
Profit margin External links:
Profit Margin Ratio | Analysis | Formula | Example
Profit Margin | Definition of Profit Margin by Merriam-Webster
What is the profit margin on donuts? – Updated 2017
Reverse innovation External links:
The Explainer: Reverse Innovation – HBR Video
Reverse Innovation – Definition and Examples
Small is beautiful External links:
Small Is Beautiful: A Tiny House Documentary | Netflix
Tata Group External links:
Worldwide – Tata in North America – Tata group
Tata Nano External links:
Tata Nano Flashcards | Quizlet
The Economist External links:
Executive Education Directory | The Economist
The Economist – Official Site
The Economist Radio
The Financial Times External links:
The Financial Times: Uber is doomed / Boing Boing
the Financial Times – Medium
Thermoelectric effect External links:
Thermoelectric effect – New World Encyclopedia
[PDF]Thermoelectric effect Dr. Karna – TAMUK