What is involved in Service Operation
Find out what the related areas are that Service Operation connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Service Operation thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Service Operation journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Service Operation leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Service Operation related domains to cover and 351 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Access Management, Computer network, Economic efficiency, Program management, RPR problem diagnosis, Service-level agreement, IT Service Management Forum, 5 Whys, Definitive Media Library, W. Edwards Deming, Help desk, Fishbone diagram, Event Management, Corrective and preventive action, RACI matrix, Service level requirement, Business Information Services Library, Service Desk, Enterprise architecture, Information and Communication Technology, Configuration management system, Goal setting, ISO/IEC 27001, Incident Management, Call for bids, Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency, Access and Identity Management, HM Treasury, Identity management, Functional Management, Agile software development, Risk analysis, Release management, Definitive software library, ITIL security management, Call center, Computer security, Service Level Agreement, Capacity management, TM Forum, ISO/IEC 27002, Information Technology Infrastructure Library, ICT infrastructure, Configuration item, Enterprise life cycle, IBM Tivoli Unified Process, ISO/IEC 20000, Business Service Management, Best practice, Primary support level, Application Services Library, Secondary support level, Point of contact, Project management, Tudor IT Process Assessment, Information and communication technologies, Business impact analysis, Business Process Framework, Six Sigma, Request Fulfillment, Knowledge management, Business case, Software asset management, Tertiary support level, Demand management:
Access Management Critical Criteria:
Gauge Access Management tasks and intervene in Access Management processes and leadership.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Service Operation process?
– Administration What is in place to develop and maintain an appropriate IAM strategy, policies, procedures, and ongoing operations?
– Identify identity risk and compliance needs, existing process flaws and potential deployment roadblocks?
– Maintain the integrity of audit logs through self-protection and limited auditor access?
– Are IAM procedures correctly followed and does the IAM solution work as it should?
– Security or regulatory exposure due to inappropriate entitlements?
– What about federated identities and your partners and suppliers?
– Can I reuse my existing identities and access policies?
– Will authentication strength vary by application type?
– Number of login accounts vs. number of real users?
– How do I manage users SaaS accounts and access?
– Should groups support rule-based membership?
– For how long have users had their access?
– What is the Vision of the IAM Program?
– Shoud we use openid instead of oauth?
– Who can provide identity proofing?
– How are reconciliations handled?
– RBAC or RBRBAC?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Computer network tactics and look for lots of ideas.
– When a Service Operation manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
– How do we manage Service Operation Knowledge Management (KM)?
– What are the business goals Service Operation is aiming to achieve?
Economic efficiency Critical Criteria:
Value Economic efficiency quality and separate what are the business goals Economic efficiency is aiming to achieve.
– What are specific Service Operation Rules to follow?
– Who sets the Service Operation standards?
– What is our Service Operation Strategy?
Program management Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Program management adoptions and probe the present value of growth of Program management.
– Is the record keeping and reporting system contributing to the effective running of the program or is it creating an unnecessary workload for the workers?
– Which program would be most affected, and to what degree, if the information were lost, compromised, delayed, or disclosed to unauthorized parties?
– Did implementation of the program create any problems or prompt observations which should be considered when interpreting the results?
– In a project environment youre always dependent on someone else. what can you do when one of these people goes ballistic?
– Have any stakeholders, other government sectors or agencies expressed an interest in sustaining the program?
– Have consultations with the target group recorded what they see as the barriers and solutions to the issues?
– Does Service Operation create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What sample size will be needed to determine if the program has resulted in significant changes?
– Has a system been set up to review progress of the program at regular intervals?
– Is project/Program Management methodology being followed correctly?
– Do alternative sources of resources need to be found and obtained?
– Has a system been set up to record the programs progress?
– Were the program materials culturally appropriate?
– Who are the likely stakeholders in this program?
– Did the program reach the desired target group?
– How will the report(s) be distributed?
– Why Program Management guidelines?
– What are the most critical tasks?
– Who will collect the data?
– Who will do the analysis?
RPR problem diagnosis Critical Criteria:
Dissect RPR problem diagnosis tasks and finalize specific methods for RPR problem diagnosis acceptance.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Service Operation project?
– Are we Assessing Service Operation and Risk?
Service-level agreement Critical Criteria:
Map Service-level agreement leadership and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Service-level agreement services.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Service Operation processes?
– How can you negotiate Service Operation successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Service Operation goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– In terms of service availability, can you get your vendor to sign a service-level agreement?
IT Service Management Forum Critical Criteria:
Discourse IT Service Management Forum tasks and create IT Service Management Forum explanations for all managers.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Service Operation delivery for example is new software needed?
– Is Service Operation Required?
5 Whys Critical Criteria:
Contribute to 5 Whys issues and cater for concise 5 Whys education.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Service Operation project manager?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Service Operation objectives?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Service Operation activities?
Definitive Media Library Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Definitive Media Library risks and give examples utilizing a core of simple Definitive Media Library skills.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Service Operation?
– How can skill-level changes improve Service Operation?
W. Edwards Deming Critical Criteria:
Substantiate W. Edwards Deming quality and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling W. Edwards Deming projects.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Service Operation process?
– Does our organization need more Service Operation education?
– Are assumptions made in Service Operation stated explicitly?
Help desk Critical Criteria:
Discuss Help desk risks and maintain Help desk for success.
– The offeror will describe its service levels for fixes, help desk, etc. will it reduce its fees if the service levels are not met?
– Expose its policy engine via web services for use by third-party systems (e.g. provisioning, help desk solutions)?
– Complement identity management and help desk solutions with closedloop import and export?
– What features of the current help desk service management tool are being used?
– How has the current help desk service management tool been customized?
– Do we know the number of password problem help desk calls per month?
– What vendors make products that address the Service Operation needs?
– What is the current help desk service management tool and version?
– How will the offeror provide support through the help desk?
– Help desk password resets easily measured (specific number?
– How do we go about Comparing Service Operation approaches/solutions?
– Number of password problem help desk calls per month?
– How does the help desk authenticate callers?
Fishbone diagram Critical Criteria:
Check Fishbone diagram visions and gather Fishbone diagram models .
– Think about the people you identified for your Service Operation project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
Event Management Critical Criteria:
Recall Event Management planning and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Service Operation? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Service Operation objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Service Operation Management?
Corrective and preventive action Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Corrective and preventive action issues and research ways can we become the Corrective and preventive action company that would put us out of business.
– In the case of a Service Operation project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Service Operation project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Service Operation project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Is there a Service Operation Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Service Operation ?
– Are appropriate corrective and preventive actions taken?
RACI matrix Critical Criteria:
Track RACI matrix risks and revise understanding of RACI matrix architectures.
– Do those selected for the Service Operation team have a good general understanding of what Service Operation is all about?
Service level requirement Critical Criteria:
Categorize Service level requirement issues and achieve a single Service level requirement view and bringing data together.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Service Operation services/products?
– Which Service Operation goals are the most important?
Business Information Services Library Critical Criteria:
Consider Business Information Services Library strategies and budget for Business Information Services Library challenges.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Service Operation product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Do we monitor the Service Operation decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Service Desk Critical Criteria:
See the value of Service Desk outcomes and figure out ways to motivate other Service Desk users.
– Why is Customer Service and helpdesks so undervalued given that this is a core part of branding and growth i e The head of the Service Desk is not a CxO level title?
– Think about the functions involved in your Service Operation project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Does the service provider have a service desk function based on itil principles?
– How does mobility improve your organizations service desk effectiveness?
– Is the cloud service providers service desk local, onshore or offshore?
– Does the service provider have a service desk function based on ITIL principles?
– How does mobility improve your organizations service desk effectiveness?
– How does mobility improve our organizations service desk effectiveness?
– Are You Running Your Service Desk or is Your Service Desk Running You?
– Which incidents should be logged by the service desk?
– How would one define Service Operation leadership?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Enterprise architecture projects and intervene in Enterprise architecture processes and leadership.
– Does Service Operation include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– How will you know that the Service Operation project has been successful?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– What business benefits will Service Operation goals deliver if achieved?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Information and Communication Technology Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Information and Communication Technology projects and get the big picture.
– In what ways are Service Operation vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
Configuration management system Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Configuration management system decisions and remodel and develop an effective Configuration management system strategy.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Service Operation, including any consulting or professional services?
– What exactly are the required characteristics of a Configuration Management system for managing dynamic change?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Service Operation forward?
– Is a Service Operation Team Work effort in place?
Goal setting Critical Criteria:
Nurse Goal setting tasks and handle a jump-start course to Goal setting.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Service Operation move?
– What are the usability implications of Service Operation actions?
– How will you measure your Service Operation effectiveness?
ISO/IEC 27001 Critical Criteria:
Explore ISO/IEC 27001 adoptions and pay attention to the small things.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Service Operation?
– Does Service Operation analysis show the relationships among important Service Operation factors?
– Do the Service Operation decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Incident Management Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Incident Management projects and interpret which customers can’t participate in Incident Management because they lack skills.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Service Operation experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Which processes other than incident management are involved in achieving a structural solution ?
– In which cases can CMDB be usefull in incident management?
– What is a primary goal of incident management?
Call for bids Critical Criteria:
Mix Call for bids governance and oversee Call for bids requirements.
– what is the best design framework for Service Operation organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Will Service Operation deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Does the Service Operation task fit the clients priorities?
Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency Critical Criteria:
Unify Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency failures and perfect Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency conflict management.
– What is the source of the strategies for Service Operation strengthening and reform?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Service Operation study?
– Does Service Operation appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Access and Identity Management Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Access and Identity Management visions and perfect Access and Identity Management conflict management.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Service Operation in a volatile global economy?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Service Operation strengthening and reform actually originate?
HM Treasury Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize HM Treasury goals and improve HM Treasury service perception.
– Who needs to know about Service Operation ?
– Are there Service Operation problems defined?
Identity management Critical Criteria:
Steer Identity management engagements and maintain Identity management for success.
– With so many identity management systems proposed, the big question is which one, if any, will provide the identity solution to become standard across the internet?
– Do we keep track of who the leading providers of identity management products and services are, and what are their key offerings, differentiators and strategies?
– Can we add value to the current Service Operation decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– How is the market for identity management evolving in new technologies, market trends and drivers, and user requirements?
– Did we develop our saas identity management solution in house or was it acquired from other vendors?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Service Operation processes of our organization?
– What is the security -life cycle identity management business case?
– What are the identity management facilities of the provider?
– What is a secure identity management infrastructure?
– What is identity management to us (idm)?
– How can identity management help?
– What about identity management?
Functional Management Critical Criteria:
Judge Functional Management leadership and perfect Functional Management conflict management.
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Depict Agile software development governance and cater for concise Agile software development education.
– Much of the agile advice is oriented towards small teams of up to ten people, who are either co-located or near located, who have ready access to their primary stakeholders, and who are working on software that can be easily organized into a series of small releases. What about large teams?
– What are the best software metrics for discerning Agile (vs. non-Agile) process effects on teams artifacts?
– Does the organization have a distinct quality program that support continuous process improvement?
– Is our organization clear about the relationship between agile software development and DevOps?
– Is the Service Operation organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Do we ask in the sprint retrospective: What went well during the sprint?
– Which is really software best practice to us, CMM or agile development?
– Do we know the difference between lean and agile software development?
– Should you have a strict project sequence, or should you be flexible?
– How good are the designers and programmers in the development team?
– How do you best coordinate Agile and non-Agile teams?
– Is There a Role for Complex Adaptive Systems Theory?
– How do disciplined agile teams work at scale?
– Is the system subject to external regulation?
– Will the team be populated by stakeholders?
– When using Extreme Programming?
– What Is Extreme Programming?
– How much modeling to do?
– Why Agile, and Why Now?
– What is Agility ?
Risk analysis Critical Criteria:
Gauge Risk analysis management and display thorough understanding of the Risk analysis process.
– How do risk analysis and Risk Management inform your organizations decisionmaking processes for long-range system planning, major project description and cost estimation, priority programming, and project development?
– What levels of assurance are needed and how can the risk analysis benefit setting standards and policy functions?
– In which two Service Management processes would you be most likely to use a risk analysis and management method?
– How does the business impact analysis use data from Risk Management and risk analysis?
– How do we do risk analysis of rare, cascading, catastrophic events?
– With risk analysis do we answer the question how big is the risk?
– What threat is Service Operation addressing?
Release management Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Release management leadership and interpret which customers can’t participate in Release management because they lack skills.
– Information/context awareness: how can a developer/participant restore awareness in project activity after having been offline for a few hours, days, or weeks?
– How do these developers concur over long distances in environments where people rarely if ever meet face to face in a virtual organization?
– What is, really, the difference between development and innovation, i.e. how big or radical do changes have to be to warrant the label innovation ?
– Process support: how can a project better institutionalize workflow support without adding a bureaucratic burden to the developers?
– What theoretical and methodological tools are available to us as researchers to study such aspects of Release Management?
– In some projects up to 85% of the changes are performed by a small core of developers, what space for innovation is left?
– How is release management for new application services integrated with your itsm capabilities?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– Does it Improve the production readiness and quality of your application code?
– Where do requirements come from (and what should we do about it)?
– What to build, how to build it, build it, and is it built right?
– Do you have existing automation or deployment tools?
– Why has no os tool emerged to meet this need?
– How well are os projects documented?
– what is NEXT FOR RELEASE MANAGEMENT AND DEVOPS?
– How are changes managed?
– When to buy vs. build ?
– All tasks complete?
Definitive software library Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Definitive software library tactics and grade techniques for implementing Definitive software library controls.
– In a project to restructure Service Operation outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
ITIL security management Critical Criteria:
Discourse ITIL security management engagements and look at it backwards.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Service Operation is underway?
– How do we Identify specific Service Operation investment and emerging trends?
Call center Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Call center issues and adjust implementation of Call center.
– What proportion of Customer Service calls chats could present day AI technology resolve without assistance in principle?
– Among the Service Operation product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What is the average supervisor to Customer Service representative ratio for a fixed route call center?
– What is the best virtual hosted PBX platform to use for our phone Customer Service team?
– What are good examples of us utilizing SMS as a Customer Service mechanism?
– Have you integrated your call center telephony to your crm application?
– What are the issues of scaling Twitter for Customer Service?
– What are the pros and cons of outsourcing Customer Service?
– How do companies apply social media to Customer Service?
– Is social media the solution to bad Customer Service?
– Is Twitter an effective Customer Service tool?
Computer security Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Computer security leadership and find out.
– Does your company provide end-user training to all employees on Cybersecurity, either as part of general staff training or specifically on the topic of computer security and company policy?
– Will the selection of a particular product limit the future choices of other computer security or operational modifications and improvements?
Service Level Agreement Critical Criteria:
Detail Service Level Agreement goals and customize techniques for implementing Service Level Agreement controls.
– What are the key business and technical challenges of transitioning to a cloud computing strategy?
– How will the agreement be terminated at the end of the initial term of the SLA?
– Does the provider offer any form of Service Level Agreement (SLA) guarantees?
– How will the service provider monitor or track and report on performance?
– Can we do Service Operation without complex (expensive) analysis?
– What simple ways can we improve our valued customers experience?
– What are the current Service Level Agreements for break/fix?
– Availability of a machine, service, particular operation?
– When will regularly scheduled maintenance be performed?
– What are the costs to provide this level of service?
– What Support/applications are included in this SLA?
– Are there Data Dependencies or Consistency Groups?
– What does off-site mean in your organization?
– What services are NOT included in this SLA?
– How to quantify the system security?
– What will it take to make it work?
– When will the SLA be reviewed?
– How will service be delivered?
– How many copies are required?
– What is Out of Scope?
Capacity management Critical Criteria:
Discuss Capacity management tasks and devise Capacity management key steps.
– Application sizing is a technique used by capacity management. why is application sizing important?
– How much does Service Operation help?
TM Forum Critical Criteria:
Accelerate TM Forum planning and observe effective TM Forum.
– For your Service Operation project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
ISO/IEC 27002 Critical Criteria:
Depict ISO/IEC 27002 quality and point out ISO/IEC 27002 tensions in leadership.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Service Operation information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Is Service Operation dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Information Technology Infrastructure Library Critical Criteria:
Scan Information Technology Infrastructure Library issues and find the ideas you already have.
– To what extent does management recognize Service Operation as a tool to increase the results?
– Why is Service Operation important for you now?
ICT infrastructure Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about ICT infrastructure outcomes and interpret which customers can’t participate in ICT infrastructure because they lack skills.
– How important is Service Operation to the user organizations mission?
Configuration item Critical Criteria:
Investigate Configuration item quality and remodel and develop an effective Configuration item strategy.
– A Configuration Management database (cmdb) can contain different configuration items (cis). Which items would not normally be regarded as a ci?
– During release, do the configuration items used match with the latest version indicated in baseline record?
– Are all requested changes to the configuration items assessed, processed and tracked?
– What: selection of configuration items (what should be managed?
– Are the relationships between configuration items established?
– Which of the entities should be configuration items?
– What are configuration items, baselines, etc. ?
– How will configuration items be controlled?
– How will configuration items be identified?
Enterprise life cycle Critical Criteria:
Map Enterprise life cycle failures and spearhead techniques for implementing Enterprise life cycle.
– Consider your own Service Operation project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– How can we improve Service Operation?
IBM Tivoli Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Wrangle IBM Tivoli Unified Process adoptions and look in other fields.
ISO/IEC 20000 Critical Criteria:
Define ISO/IEC 20000 quality and find the ideas you already have.
– How do we know that any Service Operation analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Will we be eligible for ISO/IEC 20000 certification?
Business Service Management Critical Criteria:
Check Business Service Management tasks and track iterative Business Service Management results.
– What is the purpose of Service Operation in relation to the mission?
Best practice Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Best practice strategies and summarize a clear Best practice focus.
– Achieving service management excellence is an on-going process. Just as an organization can never have enough sales, so they can never stop paying attention to service assurance. With service management and assurance having such a critical role for CSPs, how can they both achieve optimal service assurance delivery and implement supporting processes to ensure that best practice continues to be observed?
– Is the software and application development process based on an industry best practice and is information security included throughout the software development life cycle (sdlc) process?
– What standards, guidelines, best practices, and tools are organizations using to understand, measure, and manage risk at the management, operational, and technical levels?
– What are the best practices for software quality assurance when using agile development methodologies?
– What are some best practices for gathering business intelligence about a competitor?
– Are CSI and organizational change underpinned by Kotters change management best practices?
– What are some best practices for implementing an air gap in a our setting?
– What best practices are relevant to your service management initiative?
– What are the best practices for implementing an internal site search?
– How does big data impact Data Quality and governance best practices?
– What are the a best practices for Agile SCRUM Product Management?
– What are some best practices for managing business intelligence?
– What are best practices for building something like a News Feed?
– Are Organizational Change managements best practices (eg Kotter) applied?
– What best practices are relevant to your itsm initiative?
– Do we adhere to best practices interface design?
Primary support level Critical Criteria:
Nurse Primary support level management and look at the big picture.
– How likely is the current Service Operation plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Application Services Library Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Application Services Library projects and create a map for yourself.
– Think of your Service Operation project. what are the main functions?
– How do we maintain Service Operations Integrity?
– Do we have past Service Operation Successes?
Secondary support level Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Secondary support level risks and work towards be a leading Secondary support level expert.
– Does Service Operation systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– How do we keep improving Service Operation?
Point of contact Critical Criteria:
Use past Point of contact visions and forecast involvement of future Point of contact projects in development.
– What are the barriers to increased Service Operation production?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Study Project management strategies and gather practices for scaling Project management.
– First iteration. The plan for the team is then a list of prioritized features, and who is to perform the tasks of developing the features is decided on during the iteration. What is important in the kick-off meeting to enable feedback and learning?
– The fundamentals of agile software development, agile project management, and evolutionary development have been proven and demonstrated to be highly successful. Are these now preferred in our organization?
– How can a company arrange a new project if the management does not know when they will finish the current projects and when the employees will be free to take on a new project?
– Are there contextual conditions, such as the size of the project or nature of the task, that signal a better fit for agile versus traditional project management approaches?
– How much and which way a traditional project manager has to change his/her management style or way of working in order to be an agile project manager?
– What are the key considerations and decisions that must be made to ensure your project management office is appropriate for your organization?
– Are there metrics and standards that can be used for control of agile project progress during execution?
– Can agile project management be adopted by industries other than software development?
– Why should a client choose a project team which offers agile software development?
– Our project management standards do they support or undermine Risk Management?
– Justification: what are your research questions and how do you motivate them?
– How do organizations adapt to a radically new framework such as agile?
– What project management qualifications does the Project Manager have?
– Why are project management models not used in maintenance?
– Agile Project Management and PRINCE2 – one or the other, or both?
– What work wouldnt get done if no more funds were added?
– What is the meaning of success in this context?
– Agile Management an oxymoron?
– What is scrum?
– Who is a customer?
Tudor IT Process Assessment Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Tudor IT Process Assessment leadership and devote time assessing Tudor IT Process Assessment and its risk.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Service Operation project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Service Operation project lifecycle?
– What are the disruptive Service Operation technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– How do we measure improved Service Operation service perception, and satisfaction?
Information and communication technologies Critical Criteria:
Generalize Information and communication technologies leadership and improve Information and communication technologies service perception.
– What are the key elements of your Service Operation performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What are the short and long-term Service Operation goals?
Business impact analysis Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Business impact analysis planning and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Business impact analysis decisions.
– How frequently, if at all, do we conduct a business impact analysis (bia) and risk assessment (ra)?
Business Process Framework Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Business Process Framework goals and learn.
Six Sigma Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Six Sigma visions and find answers.
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Service Operation?
– How is Lean Six Sigma different from TOGAF Architecture?
Request Fulfillment Critical Criteria:
Group Request Fulfillment tasks and change contexts.
– What is Effective Service Operation?
Knowledge management Critical Criteria:
Check Knowledge management management and handle a jump-start course to Knowledge management.
– Learning Systems Analysis: once one has a good grasp of the current state of the organization, there is still an important question that needs to be asked: what is the organizations potential for developing and changing – in the near future and in the longer term?
– What are the best practices in knowledge management for IT Service management ITSM?
– When is Knowledge Management Measured?
– How is Knowledge Management Measured?
Business case Critical Criteria:
Look at Business case issues and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Service Operation leaders?
– Who is driving and leading the business case development for your organization?
– Is there a business case where additional cyber security risks are involved?
– Have sensitivity of the business case been calculated?
– Right business case?
Software asset management Critical Criteria:
Derive from Software asset management leadership and perfect Software asset management conflict management.
Tertiary support level Critical Criteria:
Derive from Tertiary support level management and do something to it.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Service Operation strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Service Operation project?
Demand management Critical Criteria:
Grasp Demand management visions and arbitrate Demand management techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Which are the key performance indicators for Customer Service?
– Is your organization considering or implementing the concept of DevOps?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Service Operation Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Access Management External links:
IAM Home – Wisconsin Identity and Access Management
Secure Access Management Service
Hitachi ID Identity and Access Management Suite
Computer network External links:
Computer network (eBook, 2009) [WorldCat.org]
15-1152.00 – Computer Network Support Specialists
What is a Computer Network? Webopedia Definition
Economic efficiency External links:
[PDF]Title: Economic Efficiency and Sustainability Manager
Economic Efficiency Definition | Investopedia
Economic Efficiency (eVideo, 2016) [WorldCat.org]
Program management External links:
Tuition Assistance Program Management | EdAssist
RPR problem diagnosis External links:
RPR problem diagnosis – Revolvy
topics.revolvy.com/topic/RPR problem diagnosis
RPR Problem Diagnosis – theinfolist.com
IT Service Management Forum External links:
itSMF Serbia – Društvo IT Service Management Forum …
itSMFnz – IT Service Management Forum Northern Branch
IT Service Management Forum – Yell.com
5 Whys External links:
[PDF]“The 5 Whys” – Massachusetts Department of …
Definitive Media Library External links:
Definitive Media Library (DML) definitions – Defined Term
DML abbreviation stands for Definitive Media Library
W. Edwards Deming External links:
The W. Edwards Deming Institute – Home | Facebook
The W. Edwards Deming Institute
Red Bead Experiment with Dr. W. Edwards Deming – YouTube
Help desk External links:
Help Desk – Helpdesk Software Login
Fishbone diagram External links:
Fishbone Diagram (Cause and Effect Diagram) – QI …
Fishbone Diagram Maker – Ishikawa Online or Download …
Powerpoint Fishbone Diagram In 1 Minute – Presentation …
Event Management External links:
RegFox Event Management Software
Gather – Private Event Management Software for …
Association & Event Management Software | 123Signup
Corrective and preventive action External links:
[PDF]Corrective and Preventive Action – Background & …
Corrective and Preventive Action Plans – Emory University
Corrective and preventive action
Corrective and preventive action (CAPA, also called corrective action / preventive action, or simply corrective action) are improvements to an organization’s processes taken to eliminate causes of non-conformities or other undesirable situations. CAPA is a concept within good manufacturing practice (GMP), and numerous ISO business standards.
RACI matrix External links:
[XLS]RACI Matrix: Requirements Phase
Service level requirement External links:
Service level requirement
In Software Development / IT, a Service Level Requirement (SLR) is a broad statement from a customer to a service provider describing their service expectations. A service provider prepares a service level agreement (SLA) based on the requirements from the customer. For example: A customer may require a server be operational (uptime) for 99.95% of the year excluding maintenance.
Service Desk External links:
IT Service Desk Live Chat – Delta Air Lines
HR Service Desk
Wagner Motors Service Desk
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture Professional Journal
Enterprise Architecture – CDT Services
Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
Information and Communication Technology External links:
[PDF]Information and Communication Technology (ICT) …
Configuration management system External links:
RAVE Configuration Management System
Goal setting External links:
GoalsOnTrack – Web-based Goal Setting Software
Lifetick – Online goal setting made simple
inkWELL Press | 2018 Goal Setting Weekly Planner and …
ISO/IEC 27001 External links:
ISO/IEC 27001:2013 is an information security standard that was published on the 25th September 2013. It supersedes ISO/IEC 27001:2005, and is published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) under the joint ISO and IEC subcommittee, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 27.
BSI Training – ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer
ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security | BSI America
Incident Management External links:
IS-700.A: National Incident Management System (NIMS) …
NPS Incident Management Team Hurricane Irma Update, …
Call for bids External links:
[PDF]PIERCE COUNTY CALL FOR BIDS BR #28183-A – 8TH …
RFP, RFQ, Call for Bids – Kendall County, Illinois
Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency External links:
Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency – …
Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency – …
Access and Identity Management External links:
Access and Identity Management Solutions | Microsoft
HM Treasury External links:
HM Treasury Group Careers – Jobs
HM Treasury – Home | Facebook
Identity management External links:
Identity Management Software & SSO Solutions – Avatier
Login Page – Planned Parenthood Identity Management
Colorado Department of Education Identity Management
Functional Management External links:
Functional management. (Continually updated resource, …
functional management, selection process, Management …
What is FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT – The Law Dictionary
Agile software development External links:
Freeport Metrics | Agile Software Development and Design
What is Agile Software Development? | Agile Alliance
Agile Scout – Agile Software Development News
Risk analysis External links:
Risk analysis (Book, 1998) [WorldCat.org]
Risk Analysis is a monthly peer-reviewed academic journal covering all aspects of risk analysis published by Wiley-Blackwell on behalf of the Society for Risk Analysis.
[DOC]Risk Analysis Template – HUD.gov / U.S. Department …
Definitive software library External links:
Using CA SCM as a Definitive Software Library
Definitive Software Library – The Mail Archive
ITIL security management External links:
ITIL security management
The ITIL security management process describes the structured fitting of security in the management organization. ITIL security management is based on the ISO 27001 standard. According to ISO.ORG “ISO/IEC 27001:2005 covers all types of organizations (e.g. commercial enterprises, government agencies, not-for profit organizations).
Call center External links:
Direct Interactions – Call Center Outsourcing Company
Alliance Communications | Answering Service | Call Center
Computer security External links:
Feisty Duck – Fine Computer Security and Open Source …
Report a Computer Security Vulnerability – TechNet …
Naked Security – Computer Security News, Advice and …
Service Level Agreement External links:
[DOC]Service Level Agreement (SLA) Template
FMS Service Level Agreement Metric Reporting | …
[PDF]TEMPLATE Service Level Agreement (1)
Capacity management External links:
[PDF]TITLE: CAPACITY MANAGEMENT PLAN …
Capacity Management: ITIL process definition – Sub-processes – Terms – Additional information on ITIL Capacity Management.
Capacity management review. (eJournal / eMagazine, …
Capacity management review. (eJournal / eMagazine, …
TM Forum External links:
Home | TM Forum Smart City InFocus
Home | TM Forum Live
Home | TM Forum Digital Transformation ME
ISO/IEC 27002 External links:
Iso/iec 27002 : 2013. (Book, 2013) [WorldCat.org]
ISO/IEC 27002 is an information security standard published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and by the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), titled Information technology – Security techniques – Code of practice for information security management.
Information Technology Infrastructure Library External links:
[PDF]Information Technology Infrastructure Library – ITIL®
ICT infrastructure External links:
What is ICT Infrastructure | IGI Global
Configuration item External links:
Configuration Items | What Is a CMDB? | InformIT
Configuration items in Service Manager | Microsoft Docs
Enterprise life cycle External links:
Enterprise Life Cycle Management (ELM) – Bay State
IBM Tivoli Unified Process External links:
ITUP – IBM Tivoli Unified Process | AcronymFinder
IBM Tivoli Unified Process (ITUP) Composer User Guide …
ITUP – IBM Tivoli Unified Process. Looking for abbreviations of ITUP? It is IBM Tivoli Unified Process. IBM Tivoli Unified Process listed as ITUP
5698-B26 IBM Tivoli Tape Optimizer on z/OS, V2.2
ISO/IEC 20000 External links:
[PDF]ISO/IEC 20000 Part 1 – the next edition – ISMS
ISO/IEC 20000 is the first international standard for IT service management. It was developed in 2005, by ISO/IEC JTC1/SC7 and revised in 2011. It is based on and intended to supersede the earlier BS 15000 that was developed by BSI Group.
ISO/IEC 20000. (eBook, 2010) [WorldCat.org]
Business Service Management External links:
Login – HP Business Service Management
Best practice External links:
[PDF]Best Practices 2013
[PDF]ALTA BEST PRACTICE POLICIES Our Pledge – Title …
www.titlecorockies.com/PDF/Best Practices Pledge 2014m .pdf
ALTA – Best Practices
Secondary support level External links:
Point of contact External links:
Signature Bank | A Single Point Of Contact
Single Point Of Contact – IT Services San Francisco Bay Area
Site Point of Contact Portal
Project management External links:
Pepper Construction Project Management Solution
LearnSmart IT & Project Management Online Training …
Career Academy – Project Management, Business Skills, …
Tudor IT Process Assessment External links:
Tudor IT Process Assessment – Revolvy
update.revolvy.com/topic/Tudor IT Process Assessment
Tudor IT Process Assessment – revolvy.com
www.revolvy.com/main/index.php?s=Tudor IT Process Assessment
Information and communication technologies External links:
B.S. Degree in Information and Communication Technologies
Business impact analysis External links:
[DOC]Business impact analysis questionnaire – Oregon
[PDF]Business Impact Analysis – OhioBWC
Business Process Framework External links:
Business Process Frameworks | SpringerLink
Product Documentation for Business Process Framework
Six Sigma External links:
Lean Six Sigma Training & Certification – GoLeanSixSigma…
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification – Acuity Institute
Lean Six Sigma | Greenville Technical College
Request Fulfillment External links:
Service Request Fulfillment Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Request Fulfillment questions | ServiceNow Community
Knowledge management External links:
Home | Center for Knowledge Management
tealbook | Supplier Discovery, Knowledge Management …
Lucidea | Knowledge Management Software
Business case External links:
Business Case Site: Design, Build, Deliver a Compelling Case
Creating a Powerful Business Case for HR Technology
Software asset management External links:
Software Asset Management | ServiceNow
Software Asset Management – Tools & products
Demand management External links:
System Dashboard – JIRA – Demand Management
[PPT]DEMAND MANAGEMENT – deu.edu.tr – Kişisel Sayfalar
“Demand Management” by Bill Carroll