What is involved in Event management
Find out what the related areas are that Event management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Event management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Event management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Event management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Event management related domains to cover and 154 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Event management, Advertising, Audio-visual, Catering, Charitable organization, Convention, Event management software, Event planning, Event scheduling, Festival, Industry, Interior design, Library event planning, License, Logistics, Marketing, Marketing strategy, Media event, Meeting and convention planner, Olympics, Project management, Public relations, Sustainable event management, Target audience, Universities:
Event management Critical Criteria:
Mine Event management results and budget for Event management challenges.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Event management leaders?
– Will Event management deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Advertising Critical Criteria:
Focus on Advertising tasks and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Advertising decisions.
– Its important to reach your customers. Every business, if wise, will have a promotion and advertising plan. You need to consider the image you want to project to your customers about your business. Will your business stand out because you are a proven a leader in the service or product industry by providing innovative services or products, or you provide customer confidence by providing high quality Customer Service?
– During the last 3 years, have you received a complaint or an injunction arising out of intellectual property infringement, content or advertising?
– How do selective attention, selective distortion, and selective retention apply to this advertising message?
– What communication objectives might the game manufacturer set for this advertising message?
– What is the major advantage of personal selling over advertising as a communication method?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Event management forward?
– How likely is the current Event management plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Can disclosures be effective as remedies in advertising and consumer protection?
– Can disclosures be effective remedies in advertising and consumer protection?
– How important is Event management to the user organizations mission?
– Which kinds of advertising in which media influence you the most?
– Who is the target audience for this advertising message?
– Why do we need an advertising strategy at all?
Audio-visual Critical Criteria:
Apply Audio-visual tactics and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Audio-visual.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Event management processes?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Event management opportunities costing us money?
– Does Event management analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Catering Critical Criteria:
Map Catering engagements and revise understanding of Catering architectures.
– How do we know that any Event management analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Event management activities?
– What will drive Event management change?
Charitable organization Critical Criteria:
See the value of Charitable organization tasks and transcribe Charitable organization as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Consider your own Event management project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– How can you measure Event management in a systematic way?
Convention Critical Criteria:
Gauge Convention tactics and work towards be a leading Convention expert.
– With agile processes promoting the concept of self-directed teams, is there room for the conventional project manager or does this role also need to evolve to suit the principles of the new paradigm?
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Event management strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Event management services/products?
– What file formats and naming conventions will be used for the separate data sources and for the integrated file used for analysis?
– What impact would the naming conventions and the use of homegrown software have on later data access?
– What is the difference between conventional and unconventional cash flow patterns?
– What impact would the naming conventions have on later data access?
– What naming conventions/schema will be used for your data, if any?
– What file formats and naming conventions will you be using?
– What naming conventions are being used for files?
– How to Secure Event management?
– Where can we break convention?
Event management software Critical Criteria:
Review Event management software engagements and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Event management software.
– Does Event management analysis show the relationships among important Event management factors?
– Is the Event management organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– How do we maintain Event managements Integrity?
Event planning Critical Criteria:
Analyze Event planning goals and get out your magnifying glass.
– How can the value of Event management be defined?
– Are there Event management problems defined?
Event scheduling Critical Criteria:
Detail Event scheduling visions and point out Event scheduling tensions in leadership.
– What vendors make products that address the Event management needs?
– What are the barriers to increased Event management production?
Festival Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Festival strategies and report on setting up Festival without losing ground.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Event management product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Event management process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Event management process available?
– Which Event management goals are the most important?
Industry Critical Criteria:
Investigate Industry risks and summarize a clear Industry focus.
– Do we Make sure to ask about our vendors customer satisfaction rating and references in our particular industry. If the vendor does not know its own rating, it may be a red flag that youre dealing with a company that does not put Customer Service at the forefront. How would a company know what to improve if it had no idea what areas customers felt were lacking?
– You may have created your customer policies at a time when you lacked resources, technology wasnt up-to-snuff, or low service levels were the industry norm. Have those circumstances changed?
– Is the software and application development process based on an industry best practice and is information security included throughout the software development life cycle (sdlc) process?
– So, is DevOps a flash in the pan, an industry buzzword, or a new approach that will be cool for a couple of years and then superceded by the next big thing?
– For your Event management project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Are transmissions of sensitive cardholder data encrypted over public networks through the use of ssl or other industry acceptable methods?
– While job abandonment continues to plague our industry, how many of us also battle presenteeism?
– Where do you want to be a first mover, a fast follower or wait for industry solutions?
– What are the rules and assumptions my industry operates under? What if the opposite were true?
– Of the different industry use cases, what are the top ones that you want to monitor?
– What industry events and conferences do you want to participate or engage in?
– What is driving the industry to develop the SoC design methodology?
– How do industry and sector allocations factor into your strategy?
– Why would the industry want to begin to go down this route?
– How does our program compare to industry peers?
– How do we compare outside our industry?
Interior design Critical Criteria:
X-ray Interior design issues and report on developing an effective Interior design strategy.
– Is maximizing Event management protection the same as minimizing Event management loss?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Event management activities?
– Does the Event management task fit the clients priorities?
Library event planning Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Library event planning planning and document what potential Library event planning megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Do those selected for the Event management team have a good general understanding of what Event management is all about?
– In a project to restructure Event management outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What are internal and external Event management relations?
License Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for License decisions and find the ideas you already have.
– How do you feel about having to self-disclose personal information (e.g., social security or drivers license number or birth dates) in a Customer Service environment. do your views or preferences might affect the way that you provide service to others?
– Are the data and associated software produced and/or used in the project accessible and in what modalities, scope, licenses (e.g. licencing framework for research and education, embargo periods, commercial exploitation, etc.)?
– What are 3rd party licenses integrated with the current CRM, for example Email Marketing, Travel Planner, e-newsletter, search engine, surveys, reporting/trend analysis, e-Commerce, etc.?
– What are 3rd party licenses integrated, for example Email Marketing, Travel Planner, e-newsletter, search engine, surveys, reporting/trend analysis, e-Commerce, etc.?
– What implementation technologies/resources (e.g., programming languages, development platforms, software licenses) does the provider support?
– Is your company licensed to move your third-party software used in the candidate application into the cloud?
– How might the dataset be licensed or access fees charged to re-users if rights exist?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Event management processes?
– What data is being licensed, and how or where is it being made available?
– Is our software usage in compliance with software license agreements?
– What kinds of use are permitted/prohibited by the license?
– How will the dataset be licensed if rights exist?
– How many purchased licenses are in actual use?
– How many purchased licenses are in actual use?
– Are all licenses up to date?
– Are we over licensed?
– Are we over licensed?
Logistics Critical Criteria:
Frame Logistics engagements and research ways can we become the Logistics company that would put us out of business.
– How do supply chain management systems coordinate planning, production, and logistics with suppliers?
– Have all basic functions of Event management been defined?
– What type of logistics are required?
Marketing Critical Criteria:
X-ray Marketing issues and secure Marketing creativity.
– What are the potential areas of conflict that can arise between organizations IT and marketing functions around the deployment and use of business intelligence and data analytics software services and what is the best way to resolve them?
– Strategic communications focuses on strategy not tactics. in imc, you learn to ask how specifically does your company or business communicate effectively with the audiences?
– Service-level requirement, how can the IT or business unit meet the internal marketing departments availability expectation based on the SaaS providers SLA?
– Is there an existing crm and email marketing relationship already in place, that can/should be leveraged or should we select a new solution altogether?
– There are a variety of product related problems that can turn into crises. what if product tampering occurs and consumers buying products are harmed?
– Identification of the reach, frequency, and message weights sought. what will be the geographical allocation of the media budget and why?
– Identify the factors that influence the selection of promotion-mix ingredients how do marketers select promotion mix ingredients?
– How do we begin to approach our marketing opportunities from an integrated marketing communications standpoint?
– To get a receptive environment for our program. what are the population trends and dangers we can leverage?
– The product and consumer lifecycle stages. is the brand being introduced or is it established?
– What are the key reasons for integrating your email marketing system with your CRM?
– What types of advantages can we leverage for our products?
– Measurement – how will the impact be assessed afterwards?
– Do you want consumers to demonstrate proof-of-purchase?
– Do we have experlenco with this type of promotion?
– How will the promotion get to the consumer?
– Has the plan been prepared professionally?
Marketing strategy Critical Criteria:
Match Marketing strategy results and figure out ways to motivate other Marketing strategy users.
– How does our company use its web-site for Customer Service and / or customer relationship building?
– What kind of marketing strategy would you use in each stage to keep our products at the forefront?
– What kind of marketing strategy would you use in each stage to keep the product at the forefront?
– What is our Increasing importance of integrated marketing communications … why?
– What are the parts of a marketing strategy?
Media event Critical Criteria:
Meet over Media event management and observe effective Media event.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Event management process?
Meeting and convention planner Critical Criteria:
Systematize Meeting and convention planner governance and find out what it really means.
– Is Event management Required?
Olympics Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Olympics decisions and raise human resource and employment practices for Olympics.
– Think about the people you identified for your Event management project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Why are Event management skills important?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Project management goals and balance specific methods for improving Project management results.
– There is lots of discussion about the role of a project manager; whether a project manager is needed in the agile world or not. How much and which way a traditional project manager has to change his/her management style or way of working in order to be an agile project manager?
– When we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– Just what is a project management office, and how can it help you address the unique project management challenges in your organization?
– How can an agile project manager balance team level autonomy and individual level autonomy in agile software teams?
– How will the existing culture and organizational structure be impacted by agile project management?
– How could a new product or service be developed in this century without Agile Project Management?
– How are agile principles being applied in large projects and multi-site projects?
– How is agile project management performed in the context of virtual teams?
– Are the project teams ready to function within agile project management?
– Can Agility Work With a Waterfall Project Management Process in our Setting?
– Operationally, what does project management integration mean?
– How can Trello be used as an Agile project management tool?
– What is the role of Project Management Body of Knowledge?
– What is the Technical aspect of Project Management?
– What project management associations are you a member of?
– Are the pms ready to execute agile projects?
– When does a project begin and end?
– When is done done?
Public relations Critical Criteria:
Survey Public relations outcomes and pay attention to the small things.
– If the single biggest influence in shaping consumers attitudes is community organizations, what are they and how can public relations help?
– What are your public relations problems and opportunities based on the product/program and consumer lifecycles?
– What are the problems, opportunities and anticipated issues that public relations can address?
– What do public relations professionals need to do to become excellent leaders?
Sustainable event management Critical Criteria:
Review Sustainable event management engagements and define what do we need to start doing with Sustainable event management.
– Does Event management create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Target audience Critical Criteria:
Merge Target audience leadership and test out new things.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Event management models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Spheres of influerce in the consumers life. what people, activities, organizations and media can have the most effect on determining the target audiences receptivity to products?
– What people, activities, organizations and media can have the most effect on determining the target audiences receptivity to csm products?
– What message design and communication channel(s) are likely to be most effective for the target audience?
– In what ways are Event management vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Do the media selected reach the target audience?
– Are we sure the target audience is watching?
– Who are your target audiences?
Universities Critical Criteria:
Rank Universities tactics and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Universities results.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Event management. How do we gain traction?
– Can Universities Serve as a Source of Category Management Talent?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Event management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Event management External links:
Association & Event Management Software | 123Signup
Hyatt Event Management System
RegFox Event Management Software
Advertising External links:
YP – Advertising Solutions – Order Annual Directory
Music Licensing for Video, Film & Advertising | Musicbed
Catering External links:
Online Ordering and Catering | Whole Foods Market
Lunch Catering For Business & Social Events | HoneyBaked …
Charitable organization External links:
[PDF]Application for Charitable Organization Property Tax …
Third Avenue Charitable Organization
Hogs and Heroes Foundation – Charitable Organization
Convention External links:
ASTA Global Convention – Official Site
Overland Park Convention Center – Official Site
Indiana Convention Center – Official Site
Event management software External links:
Event Management Software | Login | SignMeUp
Event Management Software – Make Events Easy With …
RegFox Event Management Software
Event planning External links:
Easton Events: Award Winning Wedding & Event Planning
Start a Career in Event Planning – QC Event School
NYC Event Planning & Catering | Events | Weddings | Corporate
Event scheduling External links:
AAI – Event Scheduling
Revolution Event Scheduling – Austin911
Using the 25Live Event Scheduling System – IT@UC …
Festival External links:
Budweiser – Made in America Festival
Rockin the Rivers Music Festival
Industry External links:
Title & Mortgage Industry Fundamentals – A. M. Best
Title Industry Assurance Company, TIAC, Stewart Title …
Title Industry | Aprio, The New Name for HA&W
Interior design External links:
Homepolish: Seamless and Personal Interior Design
Hello Lovely – Home Decor, Interior Design, DIY, and Lifestyle
Best Interior Design Ideas – Beautiful Home Design Inspiration
Library event planning External links:
metroConnections Resource Library Event Planning
License External links:
Commonwealth of PA – My License Home
DPOR : License Lookup & Disciplinary Actions
Logistics External links:
TJX Logistics – Login
United Vision Logistics – Official Site
Marketing External links:
Salesforce Marketing Cloud – Exact Target
Marketing strategy External links:
IMPACT: Inbound Marketing Strategy, Advice, and Agency
Marketing Strategy Director | Habitat for Humanity
Media event External links:
CIO San Francisco Summit – A Signature CDM Media Event
Multi-Media Event Trading Pty Ltd – Home | Facebook
Meeting and convention planner External links:
Meeting and Convention Planner Jobs | Meetingjobs.com
Meeting and Convention Planner Testimonials | Las Vegas
Meeting and Convention Planner Thailand – Home | Facebook
Olympics External links:
Olympics (@Olympics) | Twitter
PyeongChang 2018 Olympics | Next Winter Games in Korea
Olympic Live Streams & Schedule | NBC Olympics
Project management External links:
CCRS | Project Management Institute
Project Management Institute – Official Site
Public relations External links:
Microsoft Public Relations Contacts | Stories
Ogilvy Public Relations
VocusPR – Cision Public Relations
Sustainable event management External links:
Sustainable Event Management ISO 20121 – YouTube
ISO20121 Sustainable Event Management System – Home | …
Sustainable event management – Home | Facebook
Target audience External links:
What is TARGET AUDIENCE? definition of TARGET …
Who Is Starbucks’ Target Audience? | Chron.com
Target Audience? – CBS News