What is involved in Process modeling
Find out what the related areas are that Process modeling connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Process modeling thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Business Process Modeling BPM journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Business Process Modeling BPM leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Process modeling related domains to cover and 115 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Process modeling, Argument, Business architecture, Business model, Business process modeling, Business process reengineering, Change management, Enterprise architecture, Granularity, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Mergers and acquisitions, Method engineering, Model-driven architecture, Model selection, Process, Process architecture, Process calculus, Process flow diagram, Process model, Process ontology, Service-oriented architecture, Six Sigma, Sjaak Brinkkemper, W.S. Humphrey:
Process modeling Critical Criteria:
Scan Process modeling visions and mentor Process modeling customer orientation.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Process modeling delivery for example is new software needed?
– In what ways are Process modeling vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What will drive Process modeling change?
Argument Critical Criteria:
Map Argument quality and explore and align the progress in Argument.
– Who is engaged by change, who wants stability and values past practice, who focuses on relationships or prefers a compelling argument for the change initiative?
– How do we go about Securing Process modeling?
Business architecture Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Business architecture adoptions and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Business architecture services.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Process modeling objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– How can you measure Process modeling in a systematic way?
– Who sets the Process modeling standards?
Business model Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Business model results and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Business model projects.
– How can we create a secure environment to protect our data, especially when new business models like cloud computing and mobility leave us with little control over it?
– How can we take rapid and informed action given the dramatic changes the IoT will make to our traditional business models?
– What applications will first become mainstream and under which business model will they operate?
– How well does the product fit our current and planned business model(s)?
– What are the short and long-term Process modeling goals?
– What potential megatrends could make our business model obsolete?
Business process modeling Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Business process modeling tasks and look at it backwards.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Process modeling strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Process modeling process?
Business process reengineering Critical Criteria:
Probe Business process reengineering tasks and attract Business process reengineering skills.
– When conducting a business process reengineering study, what should we look for when trying to identify business processes to change?
– How can the value of Process modeling be defined?
Change management Critical Criteria:
Examine Change management leadership and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Change management results.
– What steps have executives included in the Change Management plan to identify and address customers and stakeholders concerns about the specific process to be reengineered?
– Consider your own Process modeling project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Business Change and Training Manager responsibilities include Planning, coordinating and implementing an Organizational Change Management Plan?
– Have all the major Change Management issues associated with the preferred alternative been identified and discussed?
– Is there a Process modeling Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Do project management and Change Management look the same for every initiative?
– Do changes in business processes fall under the scope of Change Management?
– What are common barriers to using Change Management in practice?
– What are the primary barriers to effective Change Management?
– How pro-active is the Organizational Change Management Plan?
– What is the latest success strategy in change management?
– When is Change Management used on a project?
– What is the Change Management process?
– What is Change Management?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Guide Enterprise architecture management and proactively manage Enterprise architecture risks.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why are Process modeling skills important?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Granularity Critical Criteria:
Administer Granularity risks and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Granularity projects.
– For audit tracking, state the level of the granularity needed – do you just need to know that someone logged in and out, or do you need to know what screens or records or fields were accessed?
– If our security management product supports access control based on defined rules, what is the granularity of the rules supported: access control per user, group, or role?
– To what level of granularity do the systems objects (e.g., files, directories/folders, components) need to be protected?
– A major challenge in indexing a web site involves the level of granularity of indexing. Do you index web pages?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Process modeling project?
– What is Effective Process modeling?
Lecture Notes in Computer Science Critical Criteria:
Gauge Lecture Notes in Computer Science leadership and oversee implementation of Lecture Notes in Computer Science.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Process modeling agendas for the next 3 years?
– How likely is the current Process modeling plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Are we Assessing Process modeling and Risk?
Mergers and acquisitions Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Mergers and acquisitions issues and check on ways to get started with Mergers and acquisitions.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Process modeling workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Do those selected for the Process modeling team have a good general understanding of what Process modeling is all about?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Process modeling, including any consulting or professional services?
Method engineering Critical Criteria:
Review Method engineering management and check on ways to get started with Method engineering.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Process modeling strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Is there any existing Process modeling governance structure?
– Are there Process modeling Models?
Model-driven architecture Critical Criteria:
Audit Model-driven architecture tasks and balance specific methods for improving Model-driven architecture results.
– For your Process modeling project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– How can skill-level changes improve Process modeling?
Model selection Critical Criteria:
Rank Model selection outcomes and customize techniques for implementing Model selection controls.
Process Critical Criteria:
Add value to Process governance and integrate design thinking in Process innovation.
– Has management conducted a comprehensive evaluation of the entirety of enterprise Risk Management at least once every three years or sooner if a major strategy or management change occurs, a program is added or deleted, changes in economic or political conditions exist, or changes in operations or methods of processing information have occurred?
– Do we identify maximum allowable downtime for critical business functions, acceptable levels of data loss and backlogged transactions, RTOs, RPOs, recovery of the critical path (i.e., business processes or systems that should receive the highest priority), and the costs associated with downtime? Are the approved thresholds appropriate?
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Process modeling process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Process modeling process available?
– Do you have enough focus on ITRM documentation to help formalize processes to increase communications and integration with ORM?
– Support – how can we drive support for using the escalation processes for service, support and billing issues?
– Do we have detailed information on the business process for refunds and charge backs if they are required?
– Does the organization have a distinct quality program that support continuous process improvement?
– How do you inventory and assess business processes as part of an ERP evaluation?
– Do you have policies and procedures which direct your data collection process?
– Are the application host process shut-down options acceptable?
– What is your process for client reviews or acceptance testing?
– Is the process repeatable as we change algorithms and data structures?
– Are protection processes being continuously improved?
– Are errors in the results of processing promptly detected?
– Can analyses improve with more data to process?
– What process should we select for improvement?
– How many processes are included?
Process architecture Critical Criteria:
Devise Process architecture tasks and catalog what business benefits will Process architecture goals deliver if achieved.
– What are the barriers to increased Process modeling production?
– Are accountability and ownership for Process modeling clearly defined?
– What is our formula for success in Process modeling ?
Process calculus Critical Criteria:
Guide Process calculus quality and give examples utilizing a core of simple Process calculus skills.
– What is the source of the strategies for Process modeling strengthening and reform?
– Does our organization need more Process modeling education?
– What are internal and external Process modeling relations?
Process flow diagram Critical Criteria:
Drive Process flow diagram quality and work towards be a leading Process flow diagram expert.
– What are the disruptive Process modeling technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– How will you know that the Process modeling project has been successful?
Process model Critical Criteria:
Confer re Process model failures and create Process model explanations for all managers.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Process modeling activities?
– Who will provide the final approval of Process modeling deliverables?
– Is there a defined process model and is it followed?
– Are there recognized Process modeling problems?
Process ontology Critical Criteria:
Debate over Process ontology quality and pay attention to the small things.
– How important is Process modeling to the user organizations mission?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Debate over Service-oriented architecture decisions and cater for concise Service-oriented architecture education.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Process modeling is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Process modeling. How do we gain traction?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Process modeling?
Six Sigma Critical Criteria:
Probe Six Sigma projects and gather Six Sigma models .
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– How is lean six sigma different from TOGAF architecture?
Sjaak Brinkkemper Critical Criteria:
Guard Sjaak Brinkkemper planning and secure Sjaak Brinkkemper creativity.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Process modeling? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Process modeling processes of our organization?
W.S. Humphrey Critical Criteria:
Substantiate W.S. Humphrey goals and research ways can we become the W.S. Humphrey company that would put us out of business.
– How do we know that any Process modeling analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– What is the purpose of Process modeling in relation to the mission?
– Have all basic functions of Process modeling been defined?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Business Process Modeling BPM Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Process modeling External links:
Process Modeling – Support – Sigma
Process modeling (eBook, 1986) [WorldCat.org]
Navvia Process Modeling Software | Process Modelling Tools
Argument External links:
Argument | Definition of Argument by Merriam-Webster
Business architecture External links:
Business Architecture Center of Excellence
Business model External links:
OneTitle | business model
Business Model – Investopedia
Business process modeling External links:
Bpmn Method and Style, 2nd Edition, with Bpmn Implementer’s Guide: A Structured Approach for Business Process Modeling and Implementation Using Bpmn 2 …
Guide to Business Process Modeling | Smartsheet
Business process reengineering External links:
Overcoming Business Process Reengineering Obstacles …
Change management External links:
CDT Releases Organizational Change Management and …
ADKAR Change Management Model Overview & Exercises | …
[PDF]Organizational Change Management Readiness Guide …
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
Enterprise Architecture | North Dakota ITD
Granularity External links:
Proper Data Granularity Allows for Stronger Analysis
www.isixsigma.com › … › Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA)/Gage R&R
Cell Size & Granularity
Granularity – definition of granularity by The Free Dictionary
Lecture Notes in Computer Science External links:
[PDF]Lecture Notes In Computer Science – …
[PDF]Lecture Notes in Computer Science – rd.springer.com
[PDF]Lecture Notes in Computer Science – Springer
Mergers and acquisitions External links:
Home | The Braff Group | Health Care Mergers and Acquisitions
Model selection External links:
Clipdraw Model Selection Guide & FAQ
Model Selection | Larson Boats
WDS BMW Wiring Diagram System – Model Selection
Process External links:
The Title Process – Get Results Realty
Title V Process – HUD Exchange
Car Title Process – Have a problem? Let us help.
Process architecture External links:
Process calculus External links:
Title: A process calculus with finitary comprehended terms
A logical process calculus (Microform, 2001) [WorldCat.org]
Process Calculus as Claims About Changes in System State
Process flow diagram External links:
A process flow diagram (PFD) is a diagram commonly used in chemical and process engineering to indicate the general flow of plant processes and equipment. The PFD displays the relationship between major equipment of a plant facility and does not show minor details such as piping details and designations. Another commonly used term for a PFD is a flowsheet.
What is a Process Flow Diagram | Lucidchart
Process model External links:
[DOC]Business Process Model Template
Innovation Process Model: 3 Steps to Success!
Service-oriented architecture External links:
Messaging Patterns in Service-Oriented Architecture, Part 1
Understanding Service-Oriented Architecture
Service-Oriented Architecture Summary | Accenture
Six Sigma External links:
Online Lean and Six Sigma Training Videos | Gemba Academy
Lean Six Sigma Training & Certification – …
Six Sigma Certification, Six Sigma, 6 Sigma
Sjaak Brinkkemper External links:
Sjaak Brinkkemper | Facebook
Sjaak Brinkkemper – Google Scholar Citations