What is involved in SAP MM
Find out what the related areas are that SAP MM connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a SAP MM thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its SAP MM journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward SAP MM leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which SAP MM related domains to cover and 122 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
SAP MM, SAP ERP, Adaxa Suite, Apache OFBiz, Corporate services, Dynamics 365, ERP software, Eclipse ERP, Enterprise resource planning, Environment, health and safety, Financial accounting, GNU Enterprise, Human Capital Management, JD Edwards, Management accounting, Materials management, Middle ware, Oracle Applications, Out of the box, Production planning, Quality management, Rate of return, Real estate, Return on investment, SAP NetWeaver, SAP R/2, SAP R/3, SAP S/4HANA, SAP SE, SAP Web Application Server, Secure Network Communications, Secure Socket Layer, Service-oriented architecture, Software categories, Software developer, Switching barriers, Tally Solutions, Travel management, User interface:
SAP MM Critical Criteria:
Experiment with SAP MM risks and define SAP MM competency-based leadership.
– Is there a SAP MM Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– In what ways are SAP MM vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Are we Assessing SAP MM and Risk?
SAP ERP Critical Criteria:
Dissect SAP ERP goals and display thorough understanding of the SAP ERP process.
– What are the disruptive SAP MM technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed SAP MM opportunities costing us money?
– Have all basic functions of SAP MM been defined?
– R/3 Enterprise or MySAP ERP ?
Adaxa Suite Critical Criteria:
Start Adaxa Suite decisions and tour deciding if Adaxa Suite progress is made.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of SAP MM moving forward?
– Does the SAP MM task fit the clients priorities?
Apache OFBiz Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Apache OFBiz failures and proactively manage Apache OFBiz risks.
– What vendors make products that address the SAP MM needs?
– Is a SAP MM Team Work effort in place?
Corporate services Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Corporate services issues and balance specific methods for improving Corporate services results.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of SAP MM into the services that we provide?
– Who will provide the final approval of SAP MM deliverables?
– What is our SAP MM Strategy?
Dynamics 365 Critical Criteria:
Infer Dynamics 365 strategies and triple focus on important concepts of Dynamics 365 relationship management.
– How likely is the current SAP MM plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with SAP MM ?
ERP software Critical Criteria:
Interpolate ERP software engagements and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive ERP software projects.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the SAP MM process?
– What ERP software has B2B B2C eCommerce WebStore Integration?
– How do we keep improving SAP MM?
Eclipse ERP Critical Criteria:
Merge Eclipse ERP planning and develop and take control of the Eclipse ERP initiative.
– Have you identified your SAP MM key performance indicators?
– Is there any existing SAP MM governance structure?
– What threat is SAP MM addressing?
Enterprise resource planning Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Enterprise resource planning issues and develop and take control of the Enterprise resource planning initiative.
– How can you negotiate SAP MM successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– How can we improve SAP MM?
Environment, health and safety Critical Criteria:
Drive Environment, health and safety quality and research ways can we become the Environment, health and safety company that would put us out of business.
– Does SAP MM analysis show the relationships among important SAP MM factors?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom SAP MM project?
Financial accounting Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Financial accounting goals and research ways can we become the Financial accounting company that would put us out of business.
– How will you know that the SAP MM project has been successful?
GNU Enterprise Critical Criteria:
Guard GNU Enterprise adoptions and get the big picture.
– What are our best practices for minimizing SAP MM project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the SAP MM project lifecycle?
– How much does SAP MM help?
Human Capital Management Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Human Capital Management results and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Human Capital Management information.
– Management systems with more than 500 indicators to monitor aspects of human capital management, even in medium-size, not very sophisticated companies. Too many indicators?
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to SAP MM? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a SAP MM strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What are specific SAP MM Rules to follow?
JD Edwards Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate JD Edwards tactics and display thorough understanding of the JD Edwards process.
– Does SAP MM include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if SAP MM does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What are the short and long-term SAP MM goals?
Management accounting Critical Criteria:
Check Management accounting projects and define what our big hairy audacious Management accounting goal is.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this SAP MM process?
– Will SAP MM deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Materials management Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Materials management outcomes and oversee implementation of Materials management.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting SAP MM with what users do day-to-day?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving SAP MM forward?
– How can skill-level changes improve SAP MM?
Middle ware Critical Criteria:
Survey Middle ware governance and get answers.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as SAP MM leaders?
– Does our organization need more SAP MM education?
Oracle Applications Critical Criteria:
Judge Oracle Applications strategies and improve Oracle Applications service perception.
– In a project to restructure SAP MM outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– How do we Improve SAP MM service perception, and satisfaction?
– Which Oracle applications are used in your project?
Out of the box Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Out of the box projects and look at it backwards.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for SAP MM strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Why are SAP MM skills important?
Production planning Critical Criteria:
Merge Production planning risks and tour deciding if Production planning progress is made.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of SAP MM activities?
– Do SAP MM rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Quality management Critical Criteria:
Read up on Quality management results and customize techniques for implementing Quality management controls.
– What is the future of Data Quality management?
– Quality management -are clients satisfied?
Rate of return Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Rate of return tactics and adopt an insight outlook.
– Why should managers set the required rate of return higher than the rate at which money can be borrowed when making a typical capital budgeting decision?
– When using the net present value method, how does one know whether the true rate of return is greater or less than the discount rate?
– When using the time adjusted rate of return method, how does one know when the true rate of return has been found?
– Is the true rate of return greater than or less than the discount rate?
– What is Internal Rate of Return (IRR)?
– What about SAP MM Analysis of results?
Real estate Critical Criteria:
Debate over Real estate governance and find out what it really means.
– Which customers cant participate in our SAP MM domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Does SAP MM appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Return on investment Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Return on investment adoptions and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Return on investment services.
– How important are hard measurements that show return on investment compared to soft measurements that demonstrate customer satisfaction and public perception?
– Can we add value to the current SAP MM decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Does the expected return on investment (roi) of this new collection justify putting it in place?
– What are the long-term SAP MM goals?
– Is Return on Investment addressed?
SAP NetWeaver Critical Criteria:
Detail SAP NetWeaver strategies and report on setting up SAP NetWeaver without losing ground.
– what is the best design framework for SAP MM organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
SAP R/2 Critical Criteria:
Investigate SAP R/2 decisions and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging SAP R/2.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing SAP MM?
– What are all of our SAP MM domains and what do they do?
SAP R/3 Critical Criteria:
Participate in SAP R/3 planning and maintain SAP R/3 for success.
– Consider your own SAP MM project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations SAP MM values?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of SAP MM?
SAP S/4HANA Critical Criteria:
Mine SAP S/4HANA strategies and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential SAP S/4HANA information.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the SAP MM process?
– How will you measure your SAP MM effectiveness?
SAP SE Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about SAP SE results and intervene in SAP SE processes and leadership.
– Are assumptions made in SAP MM stated explicitly?
SAP Web Application Server Critical Criteria:
Investigate SAP Web Application Server projects and oversee SAP Web Application Server management by competencies.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your SAP MM processes?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a SAP MM project?
– How do we manage SAP MM Knowledge Management (KM)?
Secure Network Communications Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Secure Network Communications projects and cater for concise Secure Network Communications education.
Secure Socket Layer Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Secure Socket Layer outcomes and look for lots of ideas.
– For your SAP MM project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– How can you measure SAP MM in a systematic way?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Service-oriented architecture tasks and assess what counts with Service-oriented architecture that we are not counting.
– Does SAP MM analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Software categories Critical Criteria:
Think about Software categories leadership and oversee Software categories management by competencies.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of SAP MM product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your SAP MM project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– How do we ensure that implementations of SAP MM products are done in a way that ensures safety?
Software developer Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Software developer visions and raise human resource and employment practices for Software developer.
– Pick an experienced Unix software developer, show him all the algorithms and ask him which one he likes the best?
– How do we know that any SAP MM analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– What are our SAP MM Processes?
Switching barriers Critical Criteria:
Trace Switching barriers outcomes and get answers.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about SAP MM. How do we gain traction?
– How do mission and objectives affect the SAP MM processes of our organization?
Tally Solutions Critical Criteria:
X-ray Tally Solutions strategies and oversee Tally Solutions management by competencies.
– Do the SAP MM decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What is Effective SAP MM?
Travel management Critical Criteria:
Understand Travel management tasks and point out improvements in Travel management.
– Are there recognized SAP MM problems?
User interface Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about User interface decisions and summarize a clear User interface focus.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your SAP MM strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What if we substitute prototyping for user interface screens on paper?
– Does a User interface survey show which search ui is better ?
– Can we do SAP MM without complex (expensive) analysis?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the SAP MM Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
SAP MM External links:
SAP MM – Master Data – Tutorials Point
SAP MM – Tutorial
What is SAP MM Module – blogspot.com
SAP ERP External links:
SAP ERP Software System | Reviews, Free Demo & Pricing
SAP Tutorial for beginners Part 1 – SAP ERP – YouTube
Adaxa Suite External links:
Overview of Adaxa Suite – YouTube
Apache OFBiz External links:
Apache OFBiz – Softaculous
The Apache OFBiz® Project
Apache OFBiz cookbook (eBook, 2010) [WorldCat.org]
Corporate services External links:
People – Title : Corporate Services
Schwab Corporate Services: Retirement Technologies | Home
Dynamics 365 External links:
Use Power BI with Microsoft Dynamics 365
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Roadmap
ERP software External links:
ERP Software | Epicor ERP
Cloud ERP Software Apps on the Salesforce Platform
Munis Software | Financial ERP Software | Tyler Technologies
Eclipse ERP External links:
20 Best Eclipse Erp jobs (Hiring Now!) | Simply Hired
MITS Distributor Analytics for Epicor Eclipse ERP software
Enterprise resource planning External links:
[PDF]Navy Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) – DOT&E
What is ERP (Enterprise resource planning)? – NetSuite.com
Enterprise Resource Planning System | Hill International
Environment, health and safety External links:
Home – Environment, Health and Safety
Financial accounting External links:
Financial accounting is a specialized form of accounting that keeps track of transactions.
Financial Accounting | Division of Information Technology
Financial accounting (Book, 2001) [WorldCat.org]
GNU Enterprise External links:
GNU Enterprise – Home | Facebook
GNU Enterprise – GNU Project – Free Software Foundation
Human Capital Management External links:
#1 HR Software | Human Capital Management (HCM) | Zenefits
PMAM :: Human Capital Management Solution
What is Human Capital Management? | Paychex
JD Edwards External links:
JD Edwards INFOCUS – Quest International Users Group
JD Edwards – Westmoreland
JD Edwards – Logis
Management accounting External links:
Title Management Accounting – Scribd
Management accounting (Book, 2004) [WorldCat.org]
Materials management External links:
Institute of Hazardous Materials Management
Middle ware External links:
Excel as Middle Ware – YouTube
Oracle Applications External links:
Oracle Applications – Modern Business in the Cloud | Oracle
RIT Oracle Applications
Job Information: Oracle Applications DBA Manager Job
Out of the box External links:
Out of the Box Cards
Out of the Box: Professionele Escape Games in Antwerpen
Accounting Technology Solutions | Out Of The Box Technology
Quality management External links:
abaqis® | Quality Management System
Login – ASCWebQI – Quality Management Tools
Quality Management Training Solutions from BSI
Rate of return External links:
MIRR Calculator | Modified Internal Rate of Return
Internal Rate of Return Calculator | IRR & NPV Calculator
Rate Of Return Calculator | Calculators by CalcXML
Real estate External links:
Title(s) – best way to hold real estate
arctic.org/~dean/sircam/Title(s) – best way to hold real estate.html
Return on investment External links:
Return on Investment (ROI) – Formula and Calculator
Return on Investment Calculator – bankrate.com
SAP R/3 External links:
Sap R/3 Architecture Tutorial – Meet Guru99
SAP S/4HANA External links:
SAP S/4HANA® Cloud – Watch The Video Overview Now
ad · www.sap.com/s4hana/cloud
SAP S/4HANA® Cloud – Watch The Video Overview Now
ad · www.sap.com/s4hana/cloud
SAP SE External links:
SAP SE (SAP) Q4 Earnings Improve Y/Y, 2018 View Buoyant
SAP: SAP SE – Stock Quote and News – CNBC
SAP Web Application Server External links:
Logon – SAP Web Application Server
SAP Web Application Server | Application Server – scribd.com
Logon – SAP Web Application Server
Secure Network Communications External links:
Secure Network Communications (SNC) for Software …
#HowTo Secure Network Communications in Unsecure …
Secure Socket Layer External links:
Securing Communications with Secure Socket Layer (SSL)
Secure Socket Layer Explained – YouTube
SSL Security, Secure Socket Layer | Entrust
Service-oriented architecture External links:
Understanding Service-Oriented Architecture
Microservices vs. Service-Oriented Architecture – NGINX
Service-Oriented Architecture Summary | Accenture
Software categories External links:
NCH Software Categories for Windows, Mac, Android & iOS
How to Create Custom Software Categories
Software developer External links:
Software Developer | Internal Revenue Service
Software Developer | CyberGrants
Title Software Developer Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Switching barriers External links:
Switching Barriers – Think about switching costs! – YouTube
What are Switching Barriers? – Simplicable
Tally Solutions External links:
Tally Solutions – Home | Facebook
Tally Solutions – YouTube
Tally Solutions Pvt. Ltd. – YouTube
Travel management External links:
Direct Travel | Top Corporate Travel Management Company
Travel Management Company | Cain Travel
FlightBridge : Private Aviation Travel Management Made Easy
User interface External links:
EWS User Interface
What is User Interface (UI)? Webopedia Definition
Login – Terminal Customer User Interface